The process for applying to the Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) Program at Southern Illinois University includes the following steps:
Admission into the University for the Fall semester for which the student is applying for admission into the PTA program. PTA classes are admitted in the Fall semester only. Indicate PTA as your intended major on the University Application.
- Admission into the University does not mean you have been admitted into the PTA Program. You will need to complete the PTA application and return it with:
- Three reference forms in sealed and signed envelopes.
- Answers to the essay questions.
- Submit all college transcripts.
- If you have fewer than 26 college credit hours, submit all high school transcripts, ACT scores, and high school rank.
- Submit completed immunization form which demonstrates proof of the following:
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella vaccination (MMR).
- Hepatitis B Vaccination (series of 3 shots) or documentation that series has been started.
- Varicella must be either proof of 2-step immunization or a blood titer result
verifying immunity. Documentation of having chicken pox will not be accepted.
- TDAP (diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis).
- Current 2-step TB test.