A Career In Nursing. Minor in Health Care Management Track Available.
Our Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree offers three career tracks:
- Traditional BSN Four-Year Program
- Accelerated BSN Track
- RN to BSN Degree Completion
This hybrid, online track is for Registered Nurses who have an associate degree and want to earn a bachelor’s degree. Your degree may include a minor in Health Care Management through online courses.
Graduates are prepared to enter the profession of nursing as a competent professional, able to provide a safe and effective care environment, foster health promotion and maintenance, and affect psychosocial and physiological integrity (NCSBN, 2019). The BSN Program Outcomes align with the mission, purpose, and philosophy of the program, and have been developed to demonstrate adherence to the Test Plan for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCSBN, 2019), The Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Professional Nursing Practice (American Association of Colleges of Nursing, 2008), Re-envisioning the AACN Essentials: A Task Force Update (AACN, 2019), and the QSEN Competencies (www.qsen.org). Southern Illinois University Carbondale BSN Program graduates will:
- Demonstrate a working knowledge for Nursing Practice by applying provisions of person-centered care, functioning within a population.
- Employ elements of quality and safety within practice by applying evidence-based practice.
- Foster inter-professional partnerships in practice by functioning within systems-based practice.
- Utilize informatics and healthcare technologies in practice.
- Model professional behavior through the development of personal, professional, and leadership skills.