Doctor of Physical Therapy
Coming Soon (Date TBD)
The Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) is an entry-level doctoral program designed using a hybrid model combining online and face-to-face courses in a weekend format to allow health science professionals the flexibility to maintain their current occupation while advancing in the profession. Students applying to the DPT program must possess a bachelor degree. Preference will be given to applicants employed in a health sciences profession. The doctorate curriculum is designed as a 3-year degree allowing students to attend on a weekend basis that meets nine times per semester. A selective admissions process will be used to help ensure the most qualified applicants enter the DPT program.
Admission Guidelines (minimum):
Candidates will be granted admittance into SIUC as a graduate student.
- Candidates will possess a bachelor degree
- Candidates must have obtained a C or better in the prerequisite classes including 1 semester of statistics, 2 semesters of basic college physics, 2 semesters of college general chemistry, 1 semester of medical terminology
- Minimum overall grade point average of 3.25 (4.0 scale)
- Three satisfactory professional recommendations.
- Demonstration of college-level writing ability. (written essay)
- Completed Physical Therapy program application