Jennifer M. Meyer
Assistant Instructor of Dental Hygiene
- Bachelor of Science, Dental Hygiene Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL; 1999
- Associate in Applied Science, Dental Hygiene; Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL; 1998
- DH 218 (L)
- DH 219 (L)
- DH 247 (L)
- DH 320
- DH 355
- DH 441(C)
Licensure and Certification:
- Local Anesthesia Certification
- National Board Dental Hygiene Examination Certification
- Northeast Regional Board Certification
- Illinois Dental Hygiene Licensure
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification
- Nitrous Oxide Analgesia Certification
Honors and Recognitions:
- Give Kids A Smile Community Leadership Development Institute (GKAS Institute) Ambassador award. October 2013.
- School of Allied Health Term Teacher of the Year award, 2011-2012.
- CASA Term Teacher of the Year Award. 2011-2012.
- Governor’s Volunteer Service Recognition, Illinois Commission on Volunteerism and Community Service. April 2010.
- National Children’s Dental Health Month Award Recipient- September 2008
- Brush, Rinse, Floss Program. Amount in product (Gift in Kind): $12,000; September 2014
- GKAS Community Leadership Development Institute Grant. Funded by the American Dental Association. October 2013. ($1,008.17)
- Brush, Rinse, Floss Program. Amount in product (Gift in Kind): $8,000; September 2014
- ADA Foundation Give Kids a Smile Continuity of Care Grant, with Jennifer Sherry. May 2011. ($6250.00)
- Smiles Across America Product Grant. Founded by Oral Health America. Oct 2011.
- Coordinator for the SIU Give Kids a Smile program 2002-present
- Saluki First Scholar Program, Faculty mentor. August 2013-present.