Anthony T. Fleege
Associate Professor of Mortuary Science
AT SIU SINCE 1999
- Master of Business Administration, College of Business and Administration, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL, 1999
- Bachelor of Science, Magna Cum Laude, Health Care Management, Department of Health Care Professions, College of Applied Sciences and Arts, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, Carbondale, IL, 1997
- Associate of Applied Science, Magna Cum Laude, Mortuary Science and Funeral Service, Department of Health Care Professions, College of Technical Careers, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, Carbondale, IL, 1995
- Funeral Service Management
- Funeral Service Psychology
- Medical Terminology
- Mortuary Regulations
- MSFS Law
- Orientation to Funeral Service
- Funeral home marketing and management
- Cremation history and trends
- Funeral Service Seminar
- History of embalming in the United States
- Cremation trends and future predictions
- Origins of American embalming from Civil War to present
- Alternative forms of disposition in funeral service
Shaw, T., Fleege, A.T. & Epplin, K. (2011) The Evolution of Funeral Service Education: Conception to Accreditation. The Journal of Funeral Service Education 14(1), 21-42.
Fleege, A.T. (2009) The 1947 Centralia Mine Disaster. The Journal of the Illinois State Historical Society 102(2), 163-176.
Fleege, A.T, & Shaw, T. (2007). Explaining the Rise in Cremation in the U.S. 1960-2000, The Journal of Funeral Service Education 13(1), 31-55.
Fleege, A.T. (2005). Dr. Francis Julius LeMoyne: Origins of Cremation in the United States. The Journal of Funeral Service Education, 11(1), 46-58.
Fleege, A.T. (2005). Is it possible to have a Theory Z type worker in a funeral home? The Journal of Funeral Service Education, 11(1), 24-45.
Fleege, A.T. (2004). Is Funeral Personalization a push or pull marketing strategy? The Director, 76(10), 46-50.
Fleege, A.T, & Shaw, T. Debeljuk, L. (2004). Continuous versus Intermittent drainage in Arterial Embalming, The Journal of Funeral Service Education 10(1), 4-17.